Trust Marrokal’s award-winning design-build team to revive the heart of your home – the kitchen. Our skilled team of experts will create a beautifully-designed, optimally-functioning kitchen; perfect for cooking, entertaining and bringing the family together.
No need to sell your home to get more space. Trust Marrokal to seamlessly integrate a room addition with the existing infrastructure of your home and create a warm and welcoming new space for your family’s enjoyment.
When it comes to whole house renovations, trust your home to the experts. Marrokal has been providing award-winning design-build services in San Diego for over thirty years. Whatever your vision for your home, we can turn it into reality.
Trust Marrokal to bring comfort, quality and design excellence into the open with an outdoor living room that your family, friends and neighbors can enjoy year ‘round.
Our Latest Story
The best part of remodeling your bathroom is picking out a new walk-in shower. There are a number of options when it comes to material, design, and style. Here, we offer a few ideas to help you get inspired and turn your walk-in shower into something truly spectacular.
· Mosaic tile enclosed by glass doors create a clean and elegant look. It will draw your eye’s attention as soon as you walk into the room.
· White wall and ceiling tile along with multiple showerheads, and a bench creates a spa-like bathroom shower. A wonderful way to truly enjoy your space.
· Instead of a standard shower door, choose floor to ceiling glass panels that separate the shower from the rest of the bathroom. Use this modern idea and create a stunning standout.
· If you never take a bath, consider removing the bathroom tub completely to create an extra spacious shower and steam room. Floor to ceiling glass doors will keep water in and steam contained.
· Install a skylight above your shower. This allows natural sunlight to come in, giving you the feeling of a bigger space, and like you are showering outdoors.
· Frameless shower doors are ideal for a small space. It opens up the area, and keeps your walk-in shower from feeling closed in and cramped.
Is it time to remodel the exterior of your home? Whether you are considering selling, or just wanting to improve the curb appeal, an exterior update is a great place to spend your remodeling budget. There are a number of variables to consider when doing an exterior remodel. From a simple fresh coat of paint to an entire architectural makeover, you can enhance your entire home.
The most affordable and simple exterior makeover can be a new coat of paint. Choose a color that will stand the test of time and complement the design of your home. You may also want to consider your neighborhood, so that you don’t choose a color that makes your home drastically stand out, in an unflattering way. A fresh coat of paint is a great way to enhance your home’s curb appeal while being totally affordable.
For bigger projects, you will want to consult with your remodeler. A professional should help you with major changes to architecture, roofs, doors, garages, or windows. With a remodel consultation, you can make the right decisions to fit your property and your lifestyle. Find inspiration by looking at other homes in your neighborhood that you admire and get expert advice on exterior remodeling choices that will add to the value of your home.
An exterior remodel is a big project and even if it’s just a fresh coat of paint, you want to make sure you are making the best choice for your property.
Having an earth-friendly home is easy. There are a ton of choices when it comes to energy conservation remodeling that will not only positively impact the planet, but also your pocketbook. With a little help from your professional remodeler, you can pick from some of the best earth-friendly ways to re-design your home.
Changing out old appliances can make a big difference when it comes to green living and your utility bill. Reduce your appliance load by replacing them with Energy Star certified products. You can replace almost anything from your stove to your refrigerator with eco-friendly appliances. You can also do some simple things like running your appliances early in the morning or late at night during hot summer months.
Replace your windows to improve energy conservation. Have a professional check all the windows in your home for leaks. This can make a huge difference when it comes to using your heater or AC, and saving you money on our utility bill. New windows can improve insulation as well as keep heat out. Ask your remodeler about Energy Star qualified windows.
Heat and Air Conditioning:
Consider installing a programmable thermostat to conserve energy and save on costs. Use your heat and air conditioning strategically and see the difference. Also, make sure that you have your systems checked and maintained by a professional every year to ensure proper use and clean air filters.
Leaks and Cracks:
Have your remodeler check for leaks in doors and windows as well as foundation cracks. Also update your insulation during your remodeling project to tackle any temperature issues. By finding and repairing leaks and cracks in your home you can conserve energy where needed.
If you are planning on doing any kind of work or remodeling projects on your home, it is important that you spend your money wisely. Just because you put money into your home doesn’t necessarily mean you will get it back when selling. It is critical that you spend your remodeling money wisely so that you can get the most out of your home. Consider these few simple tips as you begin your project.
· Professional Work – No matter how big or small your remodeling job might be, you want to be sure it is done right the first time. For quality remodeling work, hiring a professional is always the best way to go.
· Match The Neighborhood – Low end remodeling work and finishes in a high-end neighborhood will only hurt you later when you sell your home. You also want to be careful on over-improving and standing out like a sore thumb in a nice neighborhood.
· Timeless Not Trendy – No matter if you are remodeling your entire home or just remodeling a kitchen or bathroom, a timeless look and style always works best. Trendy remodeling finishes can become dated and lose its value over time.
· Wise Room Additions – Adding on or changing an existing room in your home should be done wisely. Turning a bedroom into a full size walk-in closet may not be the best way to spend your money. Don’t lose a bedroom unnecessarily if you plan on selling your home.
Consider how you spend your remodeling dollar regardless if you are going to stay or sell your home. Work with an honest professional and make the best decisions for your budget.
A room addition is a big project. Homeowners will want to be very sure that adding an addition room to your home is the right choice. Before you spend the time and money, you will want to ask yourself some essential questions.
Are you selling your home or just looking to add more space? Not all room additions necessarily mean more value. If you are strictly doing the add on for more value, you want to be certain the kind of addition you are choosing will do just that. Speak to an appraiser or realtor and gather information on what it will to the price of your home.
What type of space are you considering? Bathrooms and extra bedrooms are essential. These spaces are a great reason to add on to your home. Something like a sun room or massive walk-in closet may not add value but take away from the price of your home.
If you are just looking for some space solutions, speaking to your professional remodeler. They may be able to come up with different options to create more space in your home. You don’t want to waste a lot of time and money. With the help of a remodeling professional, you will feel more confident about making a decision.
Remodeling is a big job, and if you are a new homeowner, it can be extremely stressful. If you are about to undergo your first remodeling experience, it will be important that you make the right decisions. The most important thing you want to do is hire the best professionals possible. This will make your life so much easier.
Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind:
· Don’t just hire anybody. Do some research on remodeling companies in your local area. Check credentials, get recommendations, and ask to see some of their work. The more knowledge you have the less you will be taken advantage of.
· Know what you want and how much you can spend. Have some basic concept or design idea of what it is you want. Also know your budget and get quotes from various providers. Find out if anyone offers financing or if you can get help for home improvements from your bank.
· Don’t’ be one of those horror stories. Get everything in writing and sign a contract before any work begins. Find out everything you need to know in terms of work time estimate, payments, and any extra costs before the job begins so that you don’t have issues in the middle of a project.
A remodeling job or renovation can be a stressful time for new homeowners. The more research and knowledge you have before you get started will make things much simpler.
Believe it or not, it’s a good time to think about installing radiant floor heating into your home bathroom. With Fall just around the corner, it is as good a time as any to think about the future. Nothing could be better than stepping out of the tub or shower and onto a heated floor. A few factors make radiant floor heating the most popular way to warm up those cold tile floors during the chilly winters.
Did you know that radiant floor heating is simple to install? Just one conversation with your renovation team will tell you just how easy and affordable it is to install radiant heat in your bathroom.
· Radiant floor heating is easy on the budget. It is one of the most affordable ways to make your bathroom comfortable during winter months.
· Radiant floor heating consists of small thin cables, which means you won’t have to raise your floor level or concern yourself with an uneven floor.
· Floor heat is completely controlled by a thermostat. This allows you to warm your floors as little or as much as you would like.
The best solution for a winter day is radiant floor heating. Ask your remodeler about just how simple it is to have these thing cables slid right underneath your bathroom tile, easily. Once you begin to enjoy the benefits of floor heating, you will wonder why it took you so long in the first place.
Whether it is a partial or full remodel or adding an additional room, you want to make sure you include the most important storing area, the closet. A walk-in closet can be a great addition to any master bedroom remodel. It doesn’t have to be just a place to organize and store your items, but something completely exciting.
Here are a few ideas to transform your closet:
· If you are uncomfortable displaying your entire wardrobe in a walk-in closet install cabinet doors and drawers to keep your items behind closed doors. This can help you keep your closet looking neat and clean. Display shoes or other items you might feel proud of.
· A walk in closet doesn’t have to have wide-open floor space. A great idea is to install island. It can fill the large open space and can provide you with extra drawers and cabinet areas. You can use the top for flowers and décor or to keep your jewelry and accessories displayed.
· Sometimes it takes awhile to decide what to wear. Install wall benches, window seats or even just a couch or chair. This will give you a way to relax while picking out items in a non-stressful way.
· Don’t forget mirrors and lighting. These could very well be the two most important items in your walk-in closet. Speak to your remodeling professional about recessed lighting and other options that can turn your closet space into a well-lit, peaceful space.
Turn your outdated bathroom into something new by taking advantage of what you already have. A bathroom remodel doesn’t have to be expensive. You can turn an old space into something new by working with a remodel professional and coming up with great ideas on how to update your current space. Create a relaxing environment and turn your bathroom into an area that reflects your personal style and taste.
If your bathroom is small, there are a number of ways that you can make it look and feel bigger. A remodeling professional can help you install a new window that can transform your space instantly. Outdoor light can make a huge difference to your space. Mirrors are another great way to create an illusion that your bathroom is bigger. Install more than one wall mirror and see the difference.
If you don’t ever use the tub, consider removing it and building a walk-in shower. Create a spa-like experience by expanding the size of your shower and adding multiple water heads and a bench. By removing a tub that never gets used, you can open up some space for a bigger and better shower.
Open up your sink area by adding two vanity spaces. This is an easy and affordable way to really give your bathroom an update. This can actually open up your bathroom while allowing two people to use the vanity area at the same time. Consider adding storage space under each sink or above in wall cabinets.
To turn your bathroom into something brand new, consider revamping what you already have. You don’t need a complete remodel to update your space and create something truly spectacular.
Here’s an idea the man of the house will love. Remodel a room, space, or basement into a man cave, a personal place where the man of the house can relax, spend time with his buddies, or just enjoy his personal hobbies. With the help of a remodeling designer, you can come up with ideas to incorporate your personal tastes and desires into changes that will make a man cave, perfect.
· Turn an empty basement into a sports center. Work with a remodeler to ensure your basement is just right. Add a small kitchen to keep everything you and your buddies might want close at hand.
· Redesign a spare room into a music space. With the help of professionals, you can create soundproof walls so that you can play and listen to music without ever bothering anyone else in the house.
· Take advantage of your outdoor space and turn your back patio into an area where you can sit, enjoy watching a game, and have a cook out with your friends. Nothing is off limits when it comes to creating the perfect, relaxing outdoor man cave.
· Turn one area of your house into a game room. Come up with ideas with your design professional on how you can possibly close off the space and create a game area where you can play pool and install other games. Game rooms don’t have to be just for the kids.
Get inspired by your own hobbies and desires and you can come up with a truly creative way to use an extra room or space. After a long day at work, nothing could be better than your own personal man cave.